Ground based air defence systems
Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) System S-125-ML (Pechora-ML) is intended for fighting modern and future means of air attack in conditions of heavy jamming and interference. Modernized SAM System S-125-ML efficiently destroys low-flying and low-sized targets in conditions of heavy radio interference.
Modernized SAM System S-125-ML has service life of 15 years, increased target engagement envelope, increased efficiency and mobility, improved operation in conditions of heavy jamming. S-125-ML also features automatic distribution of air situation and combat monitoring data to higher level Command Post.
S-125-ML has increased reliability (achieved largely by replacement of 90% of original elements) and MTBF of 1500 hours.
S-125-ML achieved the following capabilities:
- Receiving air situation from supporting radars with digital output;
- GPS-based topography system;
- Monitoring of own components and data communication lines;
- Recording of air situation and combat activity;
- Simulation of air situation;
- Standard modular configuration, good reparability.
The potential (detection range) of Missile Guidance Radar is increased by 1.49 times due to improved sensitivity of Receivers.
- Automatic receiving, processing and displaying of air situation distributed by radar sensors supporting SAM system S-125-ML and higher level Command Post (up to 150 aircraft targets).
- Rejection of jamming and pulse interference by using optic channels, two working frequencies of radar channel, wide dynamic range of Receiver, efficient algorithms of interference protection.
- Rejection of nonsynchronous interference through special signal filtration.
- Tracking and position finding of selected target in following modes: automatic, manual and hybrid tracking via radar and optic channels.
- Automatic computation and displaying of missile engagement envelope, determination and updating of hit-point for current firing conditions.
- Automatic computation of missile launching moment.
- Launching and automatic guidance of two 5V27D missiles. Either missile can be guided by three point or half lead method.
- Measuring missile guidance errors, displaying guidance errors at moment of hit.
- Generation and distribution of air situation and combat monitoring data to higher level Command Post.
- Pre-combat and online monitoring of SAM equipment, displaying status of communication lines, radar sensors, SAM guidance radar and missile launchers.
- Recording of air situation, status and availability of missiles, results of combat activity, actions of the operators, voice communications, data transmission quality.
- Automated GPS-based position determination of Antenna Post (UNV -2L) and Missile Launcher (5P73-2L).
- Synchronization of SAM operation through GPS-based local master clock system.
- Computer-aided preparation of reporting documents.
- Communications between officers of UNK-2L.
- Control cabin (UNK-2L*);
- Antenna post (UNV-2L*);
- Launcher (5P73-2L*) – 4 sets;
- Electrical Power Supply System (SAES-2L*);
- Transporter-loader vehicle (PR-14AM) – 8 sets;
- Radar P-18ML (P-19ML);
- Control cable (KU-2L);
- Power cable (KS-2L).
* – Units are modernized.
Control cabin (UNK-2L) is based on wheeled chassis with shelter accommodating four workstations of operators, data processing and recording equipment, communications equipment and power generators. New control cabin performs target assignment and distributes targets to guidance operator. Antenna post (UNV-2L) features new servo drives for antenna positioning, new modulator of magnetron transmitter, new system to generate and send guidance commands to guided missiles, improved TV optic channel, new infrared channel (option).
Modernized Launcher (5P73-2L) features new integrated servo drives, new system for missile preparation and launching, integration of GPS and digital magnetic compass.
SAM system S-125-2L is intended for 24/7 operation in the following conditions:
- Outdoor temperature range: from – 25°C to + 50°C;
- Relative humidity: less than 98% at +25°C;
- Wind speed: 25 m/s;
- Atmospheric pressure: 660 – 830 mmHg.;
- Storage temperature: from – 60°C to + 65°C.
Company offers modernization of S-75M3 “Volga” medium-range surface to air missile systems (SAM system) to the level of S-75M3ML “Volga-ML” for solving engineering problems of renewal the life time up to 15 years, and also improving performance and operating characteristics of the SAM system elements:
- Missile guidance radars (MGR) RSN-75M3;
- SM-90M launchers;
- SPTA set;
- Power supply facilities.
Main directions of the sam system modernization
- Enabling to detect and destroy air targets, including the small targets, produced by “stealth” technology.
- Increase of jamming immunity against active and passive jamming and clutter reflections thanks to application of new hardware technologies, jamming protection methods and signal processing methods.
- Automation of control processes from the superior command post, radar reconnaissance data gathering and processing, target detection and tracking, missile preparation and launching, control of technical condition of system means, documentation of combat performance and staff training.
- Increase of destruction zone and the probability of target destruction in simple and adverse jamming conditions due to optimization of radar signal processing methods and algorithms and increase of target detection and tracking range.
- Reduction of response time and firing cycle.
- Provision of capabilities of firing up to three targets at the same time, one missile for one target.
- Renewal of the anti-aircraft missile system operation life up to 15 years.
- Growth of operational reliability of modernized equipment, increase of mean-time-to-failure up to 1500 hours thanks to the replacement of 90% of the analogue equipment with the digital one, produced on the element base.
- GPS navigation system application for topographic control and orientation of the anti-aircraft missile system devices.
- Using modern data transmission methods by introduction of multifunctional command operational communication equipment COCE-M to the system.
- Introduction of telecode communication facilities for data reception-transmission between the elements of the system, the superior control post and other external sources of information.
- Providing the possibility of joint work (mating) with a wide park of target detecting equipment and control systems, equipped with specialized interface facilities.
- Providing prompt evaluation of the results of combat operations thanks to data registration and processing facilities.
- Providing the possibility of combat crew training by creating the air situation of any complexity and the simulation of friendly means operation.
- Reducing the number of the component parts of the system.
- Standardized and modular configuration of the SAM equipment.
- Reducing the volume of maintenance of the component parts.
- Reducing energy consumption of the system.
- Improvement of ergonomics.
Modernized medium-range surface to air missile system (SAM) S-75M3ML is designed for low, medium and high coverage of administrative, industrial and military objects against the strikes of all aerial attack means.
SAM S-75M3ML provides the destruction of strategic, tactical and army aircrafts, high-speed reconnaissance aircrafts, drifting balloons, helicopters and cruise missiles with the effective radar cross section of 0,1 m and more.
SAM S-75M3ML consists of:
- RSN-75B3A missile guidance station composed of PV-A reception-transmission cabin and UV-A control;
- SM-RB-75V-1-A missile group (up to 6 launchers SM-90MA);
- self-contained power supply facilities SAES-А;
- P-18ML reconnaissance and target designation radars and PRV-16ML radio heightfinder;
- Anti-aircraft guided missiles (AAGM) of 20D and 5Ya23 types;
- Missile transportation facilities.
SAM S-75M3ML “Volga-ML” can operate both in autonomous mode and in centralized control mode as a part of the anti-aircraft missile system. In this case target designation for SAM S-75M3ML is carried out from the automated mobile command post.
Circular scanning radars can come with the SAM S-75M3ML for providing autonomous operation of the system. Radar data can be received both from analogue radars P-15, P-19, P-18 or similar radars (equipped with extraction units A1000-M) and from digital radars of P-18MB (P-180, P-150, P 190) type.
Power supply of the system is carried out using the mobile power supply system SAES-A. All the SAM elements operate from three phase mains ~220 V 50 Hz.
Upgraded 2K12-ML Surface-To-Air (SAM) System (Kvadrat-ML) features improved performance and extended functional capabilities due to new algorithms of data processing and displaying, digital signal processing with software based MTI and automatic data readout and processing. 2K12-ML is offered as the upgraded follow-on to 2K12M1.
Upgraded system provides:
- extended service life by 15 years by way of replacement of old components with new ones;
- improved combat efficiency, operation against all types of air targets in various jamming environment;
- increased reliability, MTBF of 1500 hours;
- reduced power consumption;
- reduced combat crew;
- reduced operational works.
Principles of upgrade
Capability to detect and destroy low-flying targets including VLO (“stealth”). Improved operation in jamming conditions, in presence of reflections from underlying surface.
- Automation of control from Command Post, automation of detection and tracking, prelaunch preparation and launch of missiles, crew training.
- Increase of kill area and kill probability due to optimization of signal processing, increased detection and tracking range of low-flying targets.
- Reduced response time and firing cycle.
- Extended service life – up to 15 years.
- Improved reliability and MTBF (1500 hours) due to replacement of 90% of analogue components with digital
- Improved survivability and control capabilities due to introduction of a specialized remote command and control post controlling Air Defence Missile System from up to 1000 meters (option)
- Crew training capability by simulation of air situation and action scenarios
- Standardized and modular configuration
- Simplified maintenance of system
- Reduced power consumption
- Improved ergonomics
- Improved survivability due to introduction of a remote command and control post (RCCP) capable of controlling SAM System from up to 500m (option).
System operational characteristics
Equipment is designed to continuously operate for 48 hours with one-hour rest time;
All components, panels, units and modules are designed as replaceable units and can be easily replaced with spare ones.
System provides automatic operational monitoring and functional check. Checks are performed each time Engagement Radar Vehicle starts or at any time as requested by operator.
System is equipped with the simulator enabling training of combat crews in realistic conditions including simulation of ECM applied by the enemy.
System is capable of operation in the following ambient conditions:
- temperature: from – 200 C to +500 C;
- humidity: 98% at +250 C;
- wind speed: up to 25 m/s.
System is equipped with GPS.
Upgraded system can be operated and maintained by crew who previously maintained SAM 2K12M1(2,3) “Kvadrat-M1(2,3)” with additional training.
All major units and systems can easily be accessed for maintenance and repair.
System components (panels, units) are assembled on the following elements:
- low-noise amplifiers;
- integrated circuits with high and medium levels of integration;
- programmable components of latest generation (FPGA, CPLD, FPAA).
Software consists of application part and testing software. All software is stored in memory modules.
The 9K33-1T OSA-1T self-contained mobile air defence missile system is designed to defend Army units, industrial and military objectives from the strikes of all types of modern and advanced aerial attack assets with the RCS of 0.02 m² and above flying nap-of-the-earth, at low and medium altitudes. If the T382 SAMs are included in the composition of the 9K33-1T OSA-1T ADMS, it is designated as the T38 STILET ADMS.
The OSA-1T SAM system comprises combat assets and technical support means.
Combat assets composition:
- the 9A33-1T Combat Vehicle (CV)
- the 9M33M2(3) Surface-to-Air Missiles (SAM).
Technical support means composition:
- the 9T217-1T Transportation and Loading Vehicle (TLV)
- the 9V210-1T Maintenance Vehicle (MV)
- the 9V214-1T type Alignment Vehicle (AV)
- the 9V242-1T Automatic Mobile Check-up and Testing Station (AKIPS)
the 9F16M2 Ground Equipment Kit (GEK).
The STRELA-10T ADMS is designed for covering units and small-size objectives of the Army against low-flying aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles and other unmanned aerial vehicles in all kinds of the battle, on the march and at positions under the conditions of electronic jamming day and night. The main distinction of the newly developed system from the base-line version consists in its round-the-clock employment.
The STRELA-10T ADMS is capable of destructing the above-mentioned types of targets featuring a cross range of up to 3000 m and flying at speeds of up to 420 m/s when approaching and up to 310 m/s when receding at ranges of 800-5000 m and at altitudes of 10-3500 m.
Main Distinctions of the STRELA-10T from its base-line version
The STRELA-10T ADMS has been developed on the basis of the Strela-10M2 ADMS. Unlike the base-line version the upgraded combat vehicle of the newly developed system is able to carry out round-the-clock combat operations. The availability of data transmission equipment enables data exchange between combat vehicles (“leader-second” mode) as well as remote control of the combat operation process in the course of repelling aerial enemy strikes.
The combat vehicle of the STRELA-10T ADMS accommodates:
- electro-optical system EOS-1TM;
- digital computer system;
- navigation equipment GPS;
The equipment of the STRELA-10T ADMS can be installed on a wheeled chassis.